We are a passionate group of people working to create the digital future for many of the brands that you know and love. We have a 20-year history creating digital workplace and cloud and business application experiences. And while we have won some awards along the way, our greatest reward is the smile on the faces of our customers as our solutions change their worlds. While we are based in Edmonton Alberta Canada, we have been working remotely for over a year now and haven’t missed a beat.
You may not always wear your heart on your sleeve, but you care about making a difference in the lives of the people you work with. You create with passion, care, and attention to detail. You are committed to honing your craft and learning new skills and abilities on your career journey. You are a critical thinker, and often look to the horizon for new approaches and tools to solve problems. As a valued team member, you practice empathy and seek to understand others. You are courageous and want to help improve the team and our customers’ lives wherever you can. You have a can-do attitude, and want to work in a fun and flexible atmosphere. At the end of the day, you enjoy celebrating a job well done.
You have a diploma or degree in Computing Science or related discipline and are comfortable working from home (for now). And from the office, or a coffee shop in the future. Who knows?
You are a Developer by nature with an interest in problem solving and making a difference with code. You enjoy working with like-minded smart and passionate people who are dedicated to their craft and enjoy a healthy work pace. Using the Microsoft platform, you will support consulting efforts and deliver on business software projects for our valued customers. The desired candidate is energetic, has a strong set of technical skills and attributes, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment where everyone respects and builds off the unique and diverse skills of our team members.
- Planning, development, testing, and delivery of solid, structured, and standards-compliant code
- Understanding scope, project goals, and requirements, and provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and time estimation.
- Participating in ideation sessions, workshops, and road mapping
- Contributing a perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques
- Blending end-user design sensibilities with the practicalities of software engineering
- Collaborating in strategic planning workshops to assess opportunities for driving development innovation.
- Testing, refactoring, and optimizing code to achieve optimum performance
- Strive for the delivery of flawless deliverables by making quality assurance a top priority
- Following industry best practices, and coding standards, and contributing to internal and external knowledge sharing at dev month end review.
- Understand our clients’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their categories
Required Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years experience working with the Microsoft development platform.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or closely related discipline
- 1 year of Angular/React experience
- NET Core/ASP.NET Web API app in AWS stack: Elastic Beanstalk/Elastic Container Service/Lambda
- Azure DevOps experience
- Proficient in object-oriented design and development using software development best practices
- UI Frameworks/CSS Styling: Bootstrap 3.0+, Bootswatch Themes for Bootstrap, Angular UI directives for Bootstrap, JQuery UI
- Web API/Services: ASP.NET Web API using C#, WCF/ASP.NET Web Services, .NET Core Web API
- Development Environments: Visual Studio Code, GIT for both Angular and Web API, SQL Server, Visual Studio Team Services
- Familiar with AWS or Azure
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment and learn new concepts and software
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment, scoping and road mapping, and self-management
- Digital agency or startup team experience preferred
Salary ranges dependant on experience levels:
- Junior (0-3 years): $45,000-$65,000,
- Intermediate (3-7 years): $60,000 – $80,000,
- Senior (7+ years) : $75,000 – $120,000+
We offer many other perks and incentives, including a company flex account, great benefits package, digital commuting subsidy, profit sharing, and other benefits.